- 1 c. unsalted butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- zest of 1 lemon (Use a Zest Nest ! Found on Amazon.com)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 2 c. blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large bundt cake with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar till smooth. Add the lemon zest, vanilla, and eggs one at a time, mixing each just until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, strain together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and buttermilk.
- Starting and ending with the flour mixture, add the flour mixture alternatively with the buttermilk mixture and blend after each addition just until incorporated. Do NOT overmix or the cake will be tough.
- Stir in the blueberries then pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and spread until smooth.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Sides should be golden brown and the cake should no longer jiggle and a toothpick should come out clean. Do NOT over bake.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before you invert it carefully on a serving plate.
Glaze for Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake (Or you can simply sprinkle on powdered sugar instead)
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spoon glaze over cooled cake.